Immigration Advisory Services is a specialist immigration firm that provides professional services for various Visa categories under one roof – Investment, Entrepreneur, Student, Permanent Residence etc. for countries such as the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, and many more.
Here is a glance at a few developed countries and their immigration policies through the pandemic
- UK – Although UK closed its borders in the early stages of the pandemic, it currently has taken the initiative to re-open restaurants, bars and several outdoor activities. The Home Office has actively considered certain categories of applications through the year of the pandemic.
- Canada – Canada has strict quarantine regulations and has extended its immigration quota to more than 400,000. In the recent past, Canada has continued to invite candidates through various categories – Canadian Experience Class, (PNP) Provincial Nomination and more. The lowest draw ever for CEC candidates dropped to a low of CRS 75 points. For PNP program, invitations were issued to candidates with very low scores. Federal invitation have not been extended recently due to border closures. Recent Public Policies have been issued, enabling several categories of applicants obtain permanent residency.
- Australia – The recent budget states that the Government will maintain the migration program planning level at 160,000 for 2021-22 under Family and Skilled streams. It is expected that International Borders may not open soon for Offshore applicants. While current focus is on onshore skilled migrants, special considerations are being given for parent visa and onshore partner visa categories. International students in certain sectors are allowed more working hours.
- Portugal Golden Visa – This is a hot favourite for the High Net Worth Individual who intends to live and work in the EU. By investing in real estate in Portugal, one can obtain citizenship with minimal residency requirement. Although Portugal had closed its borders in the early stages of the pandemic, the country is slowly moving back to normal
- New Zealand – New Zealand offers various categories of visas – The Skilled Migrant Resident Visa, the Investor 2 resident Visa, Entrepreneur work visa, family visa, and more. The eligibility for application is determined by claiming points for various factors approved as per the Government policy. New Zealand Visa application process continues to remain complex and challenging.
Throughout the pandemic, we at Immigration Advisory Services have been actively assisting our esteemed clients fulfil their immigration requirements. We are only a phone call away! Do call /email us for a thorough assessment of your profile and let us change your today for a better tomorrow.