If you have the skills and potential to build innovative businesses in Canada then Canada’s Start-up Visa Program is the right choice.
Successful applicants link with private sector organizations in Canada, where they can receive funding, guidance and expertise in opening and operating their enterprise in Canada.
Best reasons why Canada should be your ultimate business destination:
- a strong economy
- low taxes and low business costs
- excellence in research and innovation
- a high quality of life
This program focuses on inviting innovative foreign national entrepreneurs who will create new jobs and drive the Canadian economy.
Below are the requirements you should meet to be eligible for the Start-Up visa:
- Prove your business is supported through a designated organization
- Show your business meets ownership requirements
- Plan to settle in a province other than the Province of Quebec
- Meet minimum language requirements in English or French (CLB 5 in all bands)
- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary education with a good standing from the educational institution
- Have sufficient funds to settle in Canada
- Clear all the security check and the medical clearances
- Your business satisfies all the ownership requirements
Maximum five foreign nationals can apply for permanent residence in the same business venture under the Start-Up Visa Program.
The minimum investment for your Canadian start-up from a designated Canadian venture capital fund must be at least $200,000. If it’s an angel investor group, it should be at least $75,000.
Entrepreneurs must be accepted into a Canadian business incubator programand do not need to secure any investment.
Applicants are not required to invest any of their own money. If their Canadian start-up is unsuccessful, individuals granted permanent residence through this program will retain their permanent resident status.