Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) to target Express Entry candidates with tech experience!!
OINP tech draws to search for eligible candidates with work experience in one of six targeted occupations from the Express Entry pool with CRS scores that haven’t been high enough for an ITA in one of the federal governments.
The six targeted occupations are as follows:
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
NOC stands for National Occupational Classification, which determines an occupation’s skill level.
It is estimated that up to 220,000 skilled workers will be needed in Canada’s Information and Communication Technology sector by 2021.
Express Entry candidates selected by the OINP will receive a Notification of Interest from the OINP and have 45 days to apply for a provincial nomination from Ontario.