Tag Archives: USA

how to immigrate to USA from india without job offer

If you are considering the EB-5 visa to the USA, this is the right time…Come September and rules will change!!

Anyone interested in EB-5 investment visa needs to know that the recent proposed legislation that would have raised the minimum investment amount from $500,000 to $925,000 along with a host of other changes, has been pulled out! This is therefore the RIGHT TIME to invest in the USA and work your way towards getting an […]

J Visa

The ‘J’ visa is a nonimmigrant visa granted to aliens who wish to come to the United States, for a temporary period of time, to participate in an exchange visitor program designated by the United States Information Agency (USIA). J-1 : Exchange Visitor Issued to visitor to allow him/her to participate in an exchange visitor […]

Other types of Visa Categories are

A Visa A-1 : Diplomats Issued to Ambassadors, public ministers, career diplomats/officers and their immediate families. A-2 : Foreign Government Employees Issued to accredited officials and employees of foreign governments and their immediate families. A-3 : Foreign Government Attendants Issued to attendants, servants and personal employees of foreign governments and their immediate families. C Visa […]

P Visa

The P Visa category contains the following types of visas: P-1A : Athletes Issued to a person who performs as an athlete or as part of a group or team at ‘an internationally recognized level of performance’. P-1B : Group Entertainers Issued to a person who performs with or is an essential part of an […]

O Visa

The O Visa category contains the following types of visas: O-1 : Extraordinary Ability Issued to persons of extraordinary ability, defined as “a level of expertise indicating that the individual is one of the small percentage who have risen to the very top of a field of endeavor”. This is usually in the fields of […]

L Visa

An L-1 visa is one that is granted to an alien being transferred by his/her company in a foreign country to the United States. These workers come to the U.S. as intracompany transferees who are coming temporarily to perform services, for a parent, branch, subsidiary or affiliate of the same company that employed him/her abroad […]

K Visa

The K Visa category contains the following types of visas: K-1 : Fiance/e Issued to the fiancé/e of a U.S. citizen who seeks entry to the U.S. solely to conduct a valid marriage with the petitioner. The marriage must take place within 3 months of entering the United States. K-2 : Children of Fiance/e Issued […]

H Visa

According to INS regulations you can get a maximum of 6 years in H-1, H-4, L-1, L-2 status with one or different employers. You cannot get additional time in H-4 or L-2 status. H Visa category contains following types of visas, H-1A : Nurses Issued to professional nurses for a period of 5 years. An […]

F Visa

Students wanting to study full-time courses as defined by the academic educational program are most commonly granted F-1 visas. Another type of visa is the M-1, which is for students wanting to study at a vocational school (e.g. cookery). These studies include elementary school, academic high school, college/university, conservatory or language training. However, to apply […]

E Visa

The E-1 / E-2 visas are non-immigrant long term visas granted to an alien who is a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce, and who wishes to invest in the U.S. or carry on substantial trade between the U.S. and his/her country. Such an applicant is known […]