Visitor Visa to the UK
See the wonderful sights of London and what the United Kingdom has to offer. With a visitor visa, you and your family can holiday in the UK for up to 6 months and travel throughout the country without restrictions.
This visa is for an individual wishing to travel for a period of up to six months to the United Kingdom. Whether the trip is for 1 week or 5 months a visitor visa will be required.
Visitor visa holders are prohibited from working, paid or unpaid, during their visit in the United Kingdom.
All visitors to the United Kingdom, whether for business or social reasons, can only stay for six months. If you are given permission to stay for less than six months, you can apply to extend your stay in the United Kingdom for up to six months in total. People from certain nationalities are able to apply for different visas to extend a trip in the United Kingdom.
There are some basic requirements of the visa you must satisfy if you are to be considered for the business visitor visa to the United Kingdom.
On a visitor visa you can only undertake certain work related activities whilst in the United Kingdom.
- You only want to visit the United Kingdom for up to six months;
- You plan to leave the United Kingdom at the end of your visit;
- You have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds.
Visitor Visa Restrictions
You can do business in the United Kingdom either as a tourist or in connection with your work or business overseas.
- Do paid or unpaid work;
- Produce goods or provide services in the United Kingdom;
- Sell goods and services to members of the public.
- Go to meetings with United Kingdom businesses or negotiate and enter into contracts with them;
- Go to trade fairs, conferences and classroom training;
- Enter as a visitor if you are a sports person or entertainer coming to the United Kingdom for a trial or audition, or for a personal appearance which does not involve a performance.